The specific project objectives are:
- To conduct a programme of interdisciplinary research, informed by stakeholders, literature and case-study evidence, in order to identify:
- Critical steps, interdependencies and contingencies in the development of SGs and their financial, regulatory, organisational, societal and behavioural implications;
- Barriers and incentives for the deployment of SGs in the shape of differences in fuel supply, geography, regulatory governance of investment and market access, funding complexity, environmental concerns, and consumer values and capabilities;
- Spatial variation in the transition toward a UK-wide SG (including urban versus rural disparities).
- To develop and evaluate socio-technical scenarios for UK SG deployment towards 2050, utilising an approach that integrates expert and stakeholder perspectives, narrative storylines, quantitative modelling and spatial-temporal modelling.